Re: OT: kvm alternatives? (was: booting with no keyboard or moue)

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 00:41, Elizabeth Barham wrote:

> Do you use X?

Yes, but not in a way that would be particularly beneficial. For my
laptop it's pointless to use my desktop as a server, for my mail server
I really don't need a GUI and I really DO need the free space, and for
the Dreamcast I still haven't figured out how to get it to accept
outside connections for X. (Either I've been missing something painfully
obvious, or the distribution that I'm using is so heavily modified that
I can't even begin to guess where I need to start.) The only reason that
I'd have for using X remotely would be if I could somehow figure out a
way to get the Windows 2000 Advanced Server Administration Tools to
behave as X clients so I wouldn't have to boot into Windows to manage
the DC.

-Alex