Routing problems in stable

Hello, I'm trying to set up a router for my friend (he wants to firewall
his forwarded ports from the ADSL router, and prioritize traffic).

I installed Stable, got the interfaces up and running, both interfaces
work fine. I enable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward (via
/etc/network/options, and manually), in order to enable routing of the two
subnets.

Heres the topology

<INTERNET> --- <ADSL>a---b<ROUTER>c--- <INTERNAL_NETWORK>

a = 192.168.1.1
b = 192.168.1.2
c = 192.168.0.1

All of the internal network is in the 192.168.0/24 subnet.

I can ping from the internal net, to (b) and (c), but cannot get to (a)
from there.

I have full connectivity to all boxen (including internet) from ROUTER
All IPs are configured statically, and correct routes have been verified
(as far as I can tell, the default route on my test machine on INTERNAL is
set to use ROUTER as a gateway) Traceroute from INTERNAL shows packets
going to ROUTER, and nowhere from there.

PROGNOSIS: Packets are not being routed from 192.168.1/24 to 192.168.0/24
on the machine labelled ROUTER.

Thanks for any hints.

Cameron Kerr
--