Re: Kernel 2.4, 8 megs of ram and kernel panic

Grégory Karékinian(kare@lautre.net) is reported to have said:
> Hi,
>
> I've been searching on google but found no way to boot a 2.4 kernel
> without initrd. I indeed don't have any scsi hdd, so i don't think i
> need it.
What?

I have been booting 2.4.x kernels for months now, without initrd, on 3
boxen with IDE drives.

> Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

I used a stock kernel from kernel.org.  Running 2.4.17 curently.  No
different than the way 2.2.x kernels were made.  Don't make the ext2/3
filesystems as modules, which you 'could' do 'if' you were using
initrd.

I must have missed something in this thread or don't really understand
your problem.
--
Computers are like air-conditioners: both stop working, if you open
windows.