Re: Kernel 2.4, 8 megs of ram and kernel panic

Hi Grégory!

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Grégory Karékinian wrote:

> I've been searching on google but found no way to boot a 2.4 kernel
> without initrd. I indeed don't have any scsi hdd, so i don't think i
> need it.

works just as with 2.2 or 2.0. configure the kernel without initrd
support, compile it with make-kpkg, install it with dpkg, run lilo and
reboot.

i have 2.4.9-xfs on my portable and 2.4.17-lvm1.0.2 on my workstation
running without initrd.

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred