Re: Procmail's {cur,new,tmp} subdirs

Hi csj!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, csj wrote:

> Having wrestled with mutt, I'm now trying to get procmail to work.
> From the looks of it, I've set up my .procmailrc correctly.
> /var/mail/foo is a big fat zero ;-)
>
> Mail which I set up as:
>
> :0
> * ^X-Mailing-List.*debian-user
> inbox/Debian/Debian-User/
>
> does get dumped into inbox/Debian/Debian-User/. But at two strange
> subdirectories {cur,new} (a third empty {tmp} exists). So O,K, I can
> read the new mail under mutt. But the new mail is invisible to
> Sylpheed, my other mail program.

appending the slash to the mailbox name causes procmail to use mailfolder
to store mails. without the slash it would use mbox and to get MH (which
afaik ist the mailbox format for sylpheed) use /. at the end

-> change to
inbox/Debian/Debian-User/.

> My question: is it possible to get procmail to dump the mail directly
> to ./Debian-User/ rather than ./Debian-User/{cur,new}? I'm sure
> Sylpheed *can* read the individual files in the two subdirs because,
> if I move and rename them (e.g. 1013882504.30663_1.foo) to Sylpheed's
> more memory-friendly numeric scheme (1 2 ... 33 etc), they do show
> up.

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred