Re: Procmail's {cur,new,tmp} subdirs

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:33:24 +0100
Martin Wuertele <martin@wuertele.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, csj wrote:
>
> > Having wrestled with mutt, I'm now trying to get procmail to work.
> > From the looks of it, I've set up my .procmailrc correctly.
> > /var/mail/foo is a big fat zero ;-)
> >
> > Mail which I set up as:
> > :0
> > * ^X-Mailing-List.*debian-user
> > inbox/Debian/Debian-User/
> >
> > does get dumped into inbox/Debian/Debian-User/. But at two strange
> > subdirectories {cur,new} (a third empty {tmp} exists). So O,K, I can
> > read the new mail under mutt. But the new mail is invisible to
> > Sylpheed, my other mail program.
>
> appending the slash to the mailbox name causes procmail to use mailfolder
> to store mails. without the slash it would use mbox and to get MH (which
> afaik ist the mailbox format for sylpheed) use /. at the end
>
> -> change to
> inbox/Debian/Debian-User/.

Thanks! You and (Ray) <dm@zensunni.demon.nl> fixed the problem. I guess
I didn't / the manpage enough. In my defense however I must state that I
merely adapted the directory entry from my .muttrc.

folder-hook +inbox/Openware/Xine [...]

See, ma. No terminal slash. Why can't these freesoftware projects agree
on at least a common grammar?