Re: autofs

hi mirek

i bet the user "elf" cannot mount a floppy either
but "root' can

root# mkdir /mnt/floppy
root# mount -t auto /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
	df and ls

elf#  mount -t auto /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
	df

if "elf" cannot mount it ... good

to fix automounting of the floppy for users...
you'd need to tell autofs

	floppy	-fstype=vfat,umask=000,suid  :/dev/fd0

        -fstype=msdos,defaults,user,suid
        -fstype=msdos,defaults,user,suid,umask=000

use the explicit format type initially...
less variables to play with for now

try the various "root" options...till it works...

change to timeout=50 .. NOT 5 in auto.master
	in auto.master 5 means umount after 0.5 minutes
	50 means to umount after 5 minutes of idle time
	( units are 0.1 minutes or something like that )

and in your log files... its complaining that autofs
does NOT know what type of floppy format it has
so you should explicitly define it....

have fun
alvin