Re: usb mouse [added some detail]

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:29:11PM -0700, Jason Majors wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:25:06PM -0700, Jason Majors scribbled...
> > How do I get a USB mouse to work?
> > I'm running Sid with kernel 2.4.17, and have enabled:
> >
> > CONFIG_INPUT
> > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV
> > CONFIG_USB
> > CONFIG_USB_UHCI
> > CONFIG_USB_HID
> >
> > I have an Asus K7VE with the KT133 chipset and a Logitech USB mouse.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jason
> >
> Figured I should actually list my problem...
>
> I got the kernel compiled and running, but the help under the kernel
> tool said the mouse should be available as /dev/input/mouseX. That does
> not exist and my guess attempt at MAKEDEV didn't work.
> Where is the device? Or how do I create it?

Actually, you should use /dev/input/mice, which I believe includes all the
mice, just in case you plug in a few of them.

$ grep input /dev/MAKEDEV
                        input)  echo input ;;
                $0 $opts input
        input)
                mkdir -p input
                        makedev input/js$i c $major $i $mouse
                        makedev input/mouse$i c $major `math $i + 32` $mouse
                        makedev input/event$i c $major `math $i + 64` $mouse
                makedev input/mice c $major 63 $mouse

Thus, MAKEDEV input.
--
David Roundy