Minor, but irritating, symlink problem

In december, I upgraded my office machine from debian to woody. A very
small, but nevertheless irritating, thing changed that I can't explain or
change; can anyone offer any wisdom?

Here it is. I have a symbolic link in my home directory on my desktop
machine that points to my campus-wide AFS space:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 aperrin  aperrin        26 Feb 12 15:53 afshome ->
/afs/isis/home/a/p/aperrin

Before, doing:

cd af<tab>

would get me:

cd afshome/

so I could then navigate within my afs space without a second tab or
character keystroke.

Now, it gets me:

cd afshome

so I have to manually enter the / (or an additional tab) to get there.

I'm guessing this has to do with the updated version of bash, since it
doesn't happen if I run tcsh, and since on my home machine (still
potato) it works fine with bash.

home: bash version is 2.03.0(1)
work: bash version is 2.05a.0(1)

Thanks for any hints.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA