Re: First boot hangs on PCMCIA services after install

Robert Kausch wrote (on 12 Feb 2002 at 13:44):

> Starting PCMCIA services: modules
>
> and the cursor sits behind modules, and nothing changes.  I've
> left it for up to 10 minutes, but to no avail.

I remember that from hamm and potato installations on my
Toshiba. I had to boot the installation disk, dig into
/target/etc/... and disable the PCMCIA, then reboot to finish
the installation and compile a custom kernel with the latest
PCMCIA patches. Took about a day each time, esp. since I didn't
take notes and keep archives.

After a HD upgrade, I installed Woody recently from the rescue
floppy images + FTP, and the whole PCMCIA bit came up
automagically. You might want to consider trying that.

Tony

--
-- Tony Crawford
-- tc@crawfords.de