/boot/boot.b irretrievably gone - help?

Hi,

I had my boot.b file on a second hard drive mounted to /boot. That hard
drive is now thoroughly dead, and my system won't boot without the use of a
rescue disk. I've gone through the LILO documentation, and while I find
numerous references to the boot.b file, none of them seem to deal with how
to create it (This might just be a case of information overload making me
miss something quite obvious). My entire /boot directory is wiped, so if
anything else is essential, I will have to recreate that, as well.

Can anybody extend a helping hand on this? When I rescue root=/dev/hda1
from the Rescue disk everything works absolutely fine, so I'm guessing this
isn't a huge problem. I just don't want to turn it into one with my as-yet
uninformed fiddling.

Thanks,
Liam