Re: Where to put dns server & default gateway address ?

Hi,

All system wide configuration is done in the directory
/etc. If your have a local network connection you
wil have to edit /etc/network/interfaces for your
ip, gateway, broadcast, netmask, etc. And you need to
edit /etc/resolv.conf for the dns nameservers.

If you have ppp I think the procedure is different.
Afer making changes restart the network by running

/etc/init.d/networking restart

Cheers,
Bastiaan