Re: xterm resource settings and woody

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, CaT wrote:

>Just did an upgrade of my woody setup and found my xterm's default
>resource settings changed. Most annoying. Anyhow... in trying to change

Hmm, so /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm* mustn't be marked as a conf file
(perhaps).

>Anyhow... How can I do this? Can anyone help? The present settings hurt
>my eyes, give me an xterm that's 66 chars wide (when it was 80 before) a
>visual bell which is excessively annoying and a scrollbar that is useless
>to me due to my being happy in using the kboard to get around. Help...

Well thats not Debian defaults!

Personal settings should be made in your ~/.Xresources or ~/.Xdefaults
file. Once you've changed them, you can run xrdb -override ~/.Xresources,
and start a new xterm.

Personally, I also stick in my ~/.bashrc this,

if [ $TERM = "xterm" ]; then
	TERM=xterm-color
fi

Hope this helps.