xterm resource settings and woody

Just did an upgrade of my woody setup and found my xterm's default
resource settings changed. Most annoying. Anyhow... in trying to change
them to what I want them to be (reverse vid (white on dark), fixed default
font, no scroll bar, no visual bell, etc) I found that I couldn't figure
out how. Now I can do it -my- way and either bork some scripts or some
such but I was wondering if there was a debian way to do it. I've tried
modifying /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm* but this appears to have no impact
on the scheme of things in the end (and I did the whole logout/login
cycle). Bugger. :/ I'm also running KDE with kdm as my login manager.

Anyhow... How can I do this? Can anyone help? The present settings hurt
my eyes, give me an xterm that's 66 chars wide (when it was 80 before) a
visual bell which is excessively annoying and a scrollbar that is useless
to me due to my being happy in using the kboard to get around. Help...

--
SOCCER PLAYER IN GENITAL-BITING SCANDAL  ---  "It was something between
friends that I thought would have no importance until this morning when