Re: Limit 32 group membership

<quote who="Grzegorz Szyszlo">
> Hello.
> I need help. I must assign any user to more, than 32 groups.
> adduser <user> <group> cannot add user to more than 32 groups,
> but.... ... I manually edit /etc/group file.
> Unfortunatly, 33'th group rights are not respected.
> User cannot access to directory, where right is apply to 33'th
> group.

i think this may be a system limit, perhaps part of libc ..i have
run into this limit in the past, if you need this many groups
perhaps you should look into running the ACL edition of ext2
to get more flexibility in access rights.

glibc 2.2.x may solve this problem, but i'd be suprised if
it did ...

ACLs is probably a better option though:
http://acl.bestbits.at/

its pretty specific about what kernels you can use
it with. i have only tested it briefly..

nate