Re: W32/Myparty

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, csj wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:06:52 -0500
> "Jeremy Gaddis" <jeremy@gaddis.org> wrote:
>
> > Gary,
> >
> > I also run Free Agent, though just for the newsgroups.
> > My MUA of choice is Outlook (no flames please, I'm tired
> > of them) and I have actually never had any problems with
> > it.  I do virus scanning on the mail gateway, before it
> > even gets to reaching Outlook and by disabling a majority
> > of attachments (.doc, .vbs, etc.) it isn't too much to
> > worry about.
>
> Wouldn't it be nicer if you didn't have to scan email? Email viruses
> shouldn't exist in the first place. They're a totally unnecessary evil
> (unlike trojan horses and boot-sector viruses),

Sure.

And wouldn't it be nice if none of us had to lock our
doors, put bars over our windows, or install burglar
alarms on our homes?  In a perfect world...

This isn't a perfect world.  You are obviously content
with your mail setup, I'm content with mine.

Deal with it.

j.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jeremy@gaddis.org>