Re: command line font size ?

Mike McCue wrote:

> A while back I saw a friend's ZipSlack install, and the font he had on the
> command line was a little smaller than that of my command line on my debian
> install.  Is there a way to change the font of the command line in Debian ?
> (Can't fit much on this 14" screen... <G>)

I suspect that what you are after is the LILO option 'vga=extended'.
This will give you more console real-estate, although I seem to remember
reading somewhere that it is bad in some situations.  Try it as a
boot-time option first, before you put it in lilo.conf!

If anybody knows how this is done in grub I would be grateful.

Tom