Re: 8139too on 2.2.19 ?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 04:14:43PM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:

| > My friend kelly is having the same problem. We're going to try the 8139too
| > for him, because people on the list are suggesting it.
| > But I have the same card and never had to use the too on 2.2.
| The "neighbour buffer overflow" comes from not having the loopback
| interface up - `ifconfig lo up` should fix that.  Don't know about the
| other NIC problems - I'm using a similar card with great results.
| Good luck,
| Steve

thank you both for the info. i just told her about the loopback, and i'm
waiting to hear back from her. in the meantime... the goal of all this
is to use her cable connection and maquerade over to another pc. i've
done that before with dsl, so it's not a prob. the catch is, she has 2
nics to use in this pc, both the d-link, same model, same kernel module.
now, she also has the 3com i sent her.
did you happen to ever use two nics in the same pc that used the same
module?!? i'm wondering if that would work... as long as modules.conf
has eth0 and eth1 both specified... on the other hand, walking her
through all this over the phone may be a little hard.
any thoughts?

thanks again,
jason

| registered linux user #202942   |   http://counter.li.org/  |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody      |   2.4.16-k6               |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org          |   http://theigloo.dhs.org |