X-windows + Mouse issue

Title: Message
Lo all, I just installed the latest x-window-system-core from "unstable".

I have configured it to my system, and am having some issues with my Mouse in X-windows.  I have configured it with and without scroll enabled with the same problem.

I am using /dev/psaux in XFree86Config.  When I head into X, the mouse cursor just "freaks" out when I move the mouse.  It starts jumping around everywhere with no control.  I have tried it setup as PS/2 and ImPS/2.

Has anyone seen this?  And if so, know of a way around it?  There are no errors that I can see anywhere.

Setup:
  Debian 2.2 updated to unstable
  Latest X from unstable
  Kernel 2.4.17