Re: X-windows + Mouse issue

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 08:59 am, Greer, Darren (MED) wrote:
> Lo all, I just installed the latest x-window-system-core from
> "unstable".
>
> I have configured it to my system, and am having some issues with my
> Mouse in X-windows.  I have configured it with and without scroll
> enabled with the same problem.

[snip]

not sure if this will help, as i don't use a scroll-mouse--though the erratic
mouse motion is exactly the problem i had--and i don't even understand why or
how this solution works, but it does work for me, so you might want to try it.

in /etc/gpm.conf, do

repeat_type=raw

then, in the xconfig, use /dev/gpmdata as the mouse device. again, the scroll
wheel might not be addressed by this, but maybe there's a further
manipulation that someone else can come up with to deal with that.