Re: DHCP client and server scripts - merging results

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 10:31:10PM -0800, John Mautz wrote:
[...]
> What would like is to take the DNS addresses retrieved by dhclient and
> stick them in the dhcpd.conf, then have dhcpd restarted to apply the
> changes.  This way when either ISP changes any server info on me all the
> changes are automatically made on the server and all I need to do is
> release/renew on the PC's.

I think that a better solution would be to run a caching DNS server on the
server, and configure all the clients on the internal net to use your server
instead of the ISP's. It is not difficult to set up. Try the 'pdnsd' package.

--
Henry House