Promise SuperTrak SX6000 IDE-RAID drivers and installation

Hi there, Anyone have a successful "IDE-RAID-only" installation on a SuperTrak SX6000 disk system? I have drivers for RedHat 7.1 (works fine) and found GPL source for building drivers, but I am having problems with module dependencies for the GPL code and Debian (2.2.r4 installation). The main problem is that I am unable to load drivers for the disks so I have nowhere to install Debian :) Do I : 1) make a driver floppy with /boot/pti_st.o ? - when I try to use insmod on the object file I have built (quite many now...) I get a list of unresolved symbols: kmalloc, scsi_unregister_module, scsi_register, unregister_blkdev, pcibios_present, free_irq, register_blkdev, iounmap, __ioremap, pci_read_config_word, io_request_lock, kfree, pci_devices, request_irq, scsi_register_module, pci_write_config_word, sprintf, printk, scsi_unregister - am I missing any modules that should have been added here? - parameters for compiling pti_st.o (SMP computer) have been taken from the supplied GPL'ed Makefile 2) make a bootable floppy with a 2.4.17(?) kernel? How do I get this to be the "default kernel" in a Debian installation? Any pointers to this kind of information is also appreciated. 3) use another IDE-RAID card? Yes I know the 3Ware controller is supported in 2.4 kernels, but I suspect this does leave me with the same kind of installation problem of Debian (but I have not tested) Anybody know of some newer/modified source code for the SX6000 somewhere? Maybe with a HOWTO or README file added? If someone have useful information, please reply with a cc directly to me. Thanks ! - Lasse Øverlier, lasse@zone.no