Re: Accelerated NVidia XWindows ? ....

On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 05:05, Sean wrote:
> Actually NVidia doesn't use DRI ... they have their own direct hardware
> interface that's bundled with the binary driver.

They're very fast, but I have found slightly unstable. Starting and
stopping the Xserver on a few different VT's (say 7 and 8) and switching
them back and forth (I was doing this for some Window Managment code I
was working on.) Killed the display dead. The machine was still very
much alive, but it was all black screen.

Had some other strange things happen with heavy Q3 load.

But man are they fast :)

Crispin