Re: Duplicating installed system

Hi,

"Sridhar M.A." <mas@uomphysics.net> writes:

> Everything is there. Checked the /etc/fstab and all other places.
> Everything seems (to me) proper. What would be the best way to copy an
> existing installation on to a new hard disk?

Haven't used this software for this purpose, but you might want to
check out http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/

The introduction says:

"GNU Parted is a program for creating, destroying, resizing, checking
and copying partitions, and the file systems on them. This is useful
for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage,
copying data between hard disks and disk imaging."

I've only used it for rezising, and that worked very well!

HTH & Good luck,

- Petter
--
Petter Isaksson   | Expert, n.:
0733 - 60 07 70   |         Someone who comes from out