Re: New sid box.

I'm trying it as a normal user.

Somthing I found related, it seems autofs is mounting my homedir as
readonly, and a "mount" command is putting some very odd characters in
the "options" field.

The filesystem is exported RW and normal default options.  If I mount
the filesystem by hand it's fine...

Thus spake Kent West (westk@nicanor.acu.edu):

> Robert L. Harris wrote:
>

> >Rebuilt my laptop to fix the /var/lib/dpkg/status problem.  I install
> >sawfish-gnome and all it's dependancies, xserver-xfree86 and fonts.
> >Enter "startx":
> >
> >Get the graphical grey background (normal X without window manager)
> >On the console I get:
> >  Audit: Fri Feb 1 07:18:29 2002: 5047 X: client 1 rejected from ocal host
> >  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by Server
> >  Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> >
> >doing a Ctrl-Z, bg and trying to export DISPLAY="localhost:0.0" && xhost +
> >just says unable to connect to X server.
> >
> >First time I've seen this one.  Anyone?
> >

> You're not trying to do this as root are you?
>
> You might try a different wm (create/edit ~/.xinitrc and/or ~/.xsession
> and comment out anything except the windowmanager of your choice). Try
> something simple, like twm or fvwm or icewm. This will help determine if
> it's an X problem or a wm problem or what.
>
> Kent

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: