Philips CDRW1200 or CDRW1600 compatible with Linux?

Hi!

I am trying to find out whether either of Philips CDRW1200 or CDRW1600
are useable under Linux.

I have searched both the Linux Hardware Compatibility HOWTO,
http://www.linhardware.com/LDP/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/cdr.html and the
CD-Writing HOWTO, http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO-1.html
and the closest I found was the Philips CDRW800 in the CD-Writing
HOWTO.

Has anybody succeeded in using either of these drives with Linux, or
could I reasonable assume that since the CDRW800 works OK that the
others will? After all they all look pretty much the same on the
outside, and seem to be part of a series, so maybe their firmware is
similar enough.

--
Best regards,

Peter Hugosson-Miller