Re: gnome, mozilla question (potato)
- To: debian-user <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: gnome, mozilla question (potato)
- From: Mario Vukelic <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Feb 2002 09:11:22 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1012551082.7066.1.camel@sonic>
- In-reply-to: <20020131211333.A2942@quiknet.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1012510829.14751.8.camel@sonic> <20020131211333.A2942@quiknet.com>
On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 06:13, Paul E Condon wrote:
> Some answers and a specific request:
> My mozilla is version M18-3 debian package. I downloaded it from
> ftp.us.debian.org early this week. It is in the stable branch.
Old old old. I think on potato you would be far better off to use Ximian
Gnome (http://www.ximian.com). Or at least use their mozilla. Mozilla
has come a loooooooong way since M18. Or dist-upgrade to testing
> I had looked at gnome-control-center earlier. I found the information that
> needed changing under the URL heading, but I could not change it there.
> It appeared that there was no edit button for that heading. Maybe in the next
> version of control-center.
I think it's just the UI misleading. On top of the capplet window simply
overwrite what's there (probably "default" and "gnome-moz- ....") with
http and mozilla "%s". Then push set. It won't overwrite what's already
there but add the new protocol type. Proceed to do the same for https
> I started to trace the flow of control within gnome, but I've become confused.
> There are several scripts that preprocess before the call to the mozilla binary.
> Perhaps someone who has this feature in mozilla running would be willing to
> email working versions of the scripts to me. Please.
Mine is attached. Goes to $HOME/.gnome
I did not vote for the Austrian government