Re: Borked mouse

On Thursday 31 January 2002 11:40 pm, Karsten M. Self wrote:
[snip]

> I'm also having mouse problems on a new testing/woody install.
>
> Mouse is a Microsoft Intellimouse/PS2.
> XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System.
>
> XF86Config-4 Mouse configuration is:
>
>     Section "InputDevice"
> 	    Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
> 	    Driver          "mouse"
> 	    Option          "CorePointer"
> 	    Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
> 	    Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
> 	    Option          "Buttons"               "3"
> 	    Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
>     EndSection
>
> I'd earlier removed GPM as I thought it might be the cause of the
> problem, but it's not.
>
> What happens is that the pointer will freeze while in use.

i don't know if it's the same exact problem, as it happened to me on sid, and
i can't remember who first posted what worked as the solution in my case, but
you might want to give it a try. it came up again here on the list earlier.

in /etc/gpm.conf, do

repeat_type=raw

and in /etc/X11/XF86Config, do

Option "Device"      "/dev/gpmdata"

i'd be interested in your analysis of why this should work. all i know is
that it does.

ben