Re: ext3 on Debian woody

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Alexander List wrote:

> Unfortunately, this means that I have to recreate my initrd everytime a
> new kernel package is to be installed. What do you think about enabling
> ext3 support in the standard kernels by default? I'm not talking about
> switching the default fs type already to ext3, but to change the initrd
> for the "stock" kernel packages. ext3 is already in there as a module, it
> just has to be enabled.

I opted to compile the initrd-related stuff right into the kernel.

When you use make-kpkg to create your kernel_image just add --initrd as
a make-kpkg option .

Change lilo.conf so the line reads 'initrd=/initrd.img' then when you
run 'dpkg --install kernel-image?????.deb' it should all be done
automatically.

Regards,

Terry.

tcarney@selterra.com