Re: ext3 on Debian woody

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Sven Schumacher wrote:

> > 5.) edit /etc/fstab replacing ext2 with ext3

> You cant use ext3 for root fs if you use ext3 as a module.

Are you sure about this? ext2 is also a module in the latest stock
kernels, have a closer look at the /boot/config.x.y! I was surprised by
this myself. The modules have to reside in the initrd and they have to be
loaded, but it works, even with modules!

> I'm using Debian woody with ext3 for / and /boot, too. Perhaps you may have
> forgotten to edit your /etc/fstab to match the changed filesystems

Re-read my mail, I did change the fstab. Maybe the defaults entry messes
things up? Dunno, will investigate if nobody else already knows the
solution.

> Greets to Austria

Thanks, tho I'm currently living in Finland :-). Greetz to Germany...

Alex

PS: Here's my fstab:

/dev/hda6	/		ext3	defaults,errors=remount-ro	0
1
/dev/hda5	none		swap	sw			0	0
/dev/hda7	none		swap	sw			0	0
/dev/hda9	none		swap	sw			0	0
/dev/hda11	none		swap	sw			0	0
proc		/proc		proc	defaults			0
0
/dev/fd0	/floppy		auto	defaults,user,noauto		0
0
/dev/scd0	/cdrom1		iso9660	defaults,ro,user,noauto		0
0
/dev/scd1	/cdrom		iso9660	defaults,ro,user,noauto		0
0
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 rw			0	2
/dev/hda8 /usr ext3 rw			0	2
/dev/hda10 /var ext3 rw			0	2
/dev/hda12 /home ext3 rw			0	2
/dev/hda13 /home/alex/q	ext3 rw	0 2
/dev/hda2 /home/alex/r ext3 rw 0 2

--
"Forgive me, but I'm talking to a politician."
	John Simpson, BBC World