Re: Where are the debian files for compiling from source?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 10:24:46AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I've downloaded the vim source tarball from the debian site but how do I
> compile this as a deb package?  Where are the relevant debian files for
> doing this?

if you did apt-get source vim you have a directory called vim-<version>

if you only downloaded .dsc .diff and .orig.tar.gz then do an
dpkg-source -x vim-<version>.dsc

finally:
cd vim-<version>
and
sudo|su -c|fakeroot|super debian/rules binary

build the package.

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred