Re: Where are the debian files for compiling from source?

On 29 Jan 2002, Martin Wuertele wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 10:24:46AM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I've downloaded the vim source tarball from the debian site but how do I
> > compile this as a deb package?  Where are the relevant debian files for
> > doing this?
>
> if you did apt-get source vim you have a directory called vim-<version>
>
> if you only downloaded .dsc .diff and .orig.tar.gz then do an
> dpkg-source -x vim-<version>.dsc
>
> finally:
> cd vim-<version>
> and
> sudo|su -c|fakeroot|super debian/rules binary
>
> build the package.
>
> yours martin
> --
> <martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
>              PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred

Thanks to everyone who replied. Compiling debian source seems to be
quite a bit simpler than the last time I tried it. Unfortunately the
latest  vim source (vim_6.0.118) won't compile for me, and the deb
package doesn't have gui compiled in, so I remain with vim_6.0 which I
have compiled for myself.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]