Re: Wanda swam across my desktop ??

Stig Brautaset <stigbrau@start.no> wrote on 29/01/2002 (00:54) :

> If you don't like it, don't use it. Some people[1] are using a lot of
> their (spare?) time to give the community a free desktop environment; I
> say they are entitled to have a bit of fun.

But this is beside the point. The point is that a program should not do
irradic things. It confuses/scares the user. The point that I react to
this particular easter egg is that it can be misunderstood as a hacker
attack or something similar. Usually you have to click on several keys
at the wierdes places to provoke an easter egg. This one will happen if
a certain random function results in 666.

I'm using some of my spare time developing software that is free in the
GPL sense, but I rather use the time finding that last bug, than
introduce more by putting useless easter eggs into my code. But then I
think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge.[1]

[1] Hitch Hiker's Guide to The Galaxy (original radio play)
--
Preben Randhol         «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»