Re: Securing bind..

BIND should be treated with the utmost caution, as CERT has listed it as the #1 way to break into a computer and Im sure some of us have had k1dd13z on our systems because of it. I know I have seen this discussion before in old USENET posts, but I do think it would be a good idea to maybe include a debconf option that lets the user choose whether or not BIND would run as root. That way, upgrades of BIND could respect the setup and users could have safer defaults on their system.

Even if that doesn't happen, I think that should be in the Security HOWTO.
-A. Dave