Re: Securing bind..

also sprach Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [2001.12.30.2258 +0100]:
> Perhaps a discussion of the relative merits of djbdns and bind is in
> order.

no, not on debian-user and not on debian-* either. djbdns might be fine
software, but his author is a negative representative of the software
industry in general, open source specifically. and he's probably the
most arrogant and egocentric person i shall ever meet.

don't discuss nameservers here.

> I disagree with the supposed security benefits of disabling zone transfers,
> it's just security by obscurity.  Also when idiots read such advice and take
> it to heart it gets in the way when you have a genuine need for zone
> transfers.

uhm. so are password. security through obscurity. what's your point?

i'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.