Re: home network, cant ping box 2

Shawn Lamson, 2002-Jan-27 05:53 -0800:
> You have to be kiddin' me; i spent $25 on a 35' cable, and stood there
> while they made it and tested it... i figured that the cable from NIC
> to aDSL modem must be crossover too, since the long (35 footer)
> performed the same function when i hooked up either PC to the DSL with
> it!  Are you SURE that the PC -> aDSL modem uses a straight thru cable?
>
> Thx,

I don't have DSL, rather a cable modem, and I need a standard
(straight-thru) cable to go from modem to computer.  And, I also
know that you need a cross-over cable to from computer to
computer.

I hope your $25 cable can still be put to good use.  :-)

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User