Re: home network, cant ping box 2

Shawn Lamson, 2002-Jan-27 03:23 -0800:
> of course, i always had "matching" addresses (on the same network).
> but i dont get a green light on the cards, and i cant ping!
> I re-emphasize that i can connect to the DSL modem with any of the
> cards/cables...

Hmm, it appears to me that you are not using a cross-over cable
when connecting the two boxes together, indicated by your comment
"i dont get a green light on the cards".

A standard cable as used to connect to the dsl modem is a
straight-thru cable.  Host-to_host requires the crossover.

Invest in an ethernet hub to connect everything together, it's
more fun that way.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer