Re: Installing using Network and / or Cable Modem

Ibrahim Shaame, 2002-Jan-27 05:51 -0800:
> Hello,
>     I have donwloaded and tried to  install be base
> system which worked perfectly. Unfortunately when
> configuring internet, I only have the possibility of
> installing PPP (which of course is not convenient to
> complete the installation over the internet). I have
> cable modem. Could anyone please tell me how can I
> install my cable internet connection? I would also
> appreciate if you can also tell me how to configure
> local network after the base installation, as it does
> not seen that there is any utility to do so in the
> base installation.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards
>
> I. Shaame

How did you go about the base installation?  From CD or floppy?

BecauseI looks like you didn't install and configure the NIC
driver module during the base installation process.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User