Re: wvdial & routing

Adam Majer wrote:

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 12:06:24PM -0800, CogSci-Klaus wrote:

Two problems:

1) Still struggling with my internet connection when I'm not root. As user,
wvdial compains about pemission denied for /dev/ttyS0. After every reboot the
change of permission is reversed again. How can I make it permanent?

Are you using devfs? Sounds like it...

?? What's that? And how can I find out? (Newbie)

2) Regarding routing (ipchains forwarding) I don't really know what I'm doing
... just know that it works when I issue the commands:
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ

Are you sure? Shouldn't it be
ipchains -A forward -i ! ppp0 -j MASQ
otherwise you'll be masq all connections comming from ppp0!

O-oh! I begin to understand ...

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward as root.

To save and load at start time, look at
ipchains-save
ipchains-restore

Thank you!