wvdial & routing

Two problems:

1) Still struggling with my internet connection when I'm not root. As user,
wvdial compains about pemission denied for /dev/ttyS0. After every reboot the
change of permission is reversed again. How can I make it permanent?

2) Regarding routing (ipchains forwarding) I don't really know what I'm doing
... just know that it works when I issue the commands:
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -i ppp0 -j MASQ
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
as root.
In which file do I have to put it to run it automatoically at boot time?

Regards,
Klaus
Debian-Linux - The better choice!