Re: "RPM hell" question

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 02:56:45AM -0500, Alec wrote:
| Hi
|
| I was recently asked to help a Redhat user install an RPM file from
| rpmfind.net. It had a dozen of unsatisfied dependencies that had their own
| unsatisfied dependencies, etc. My only idea was to manually search
| rpmfind.net, download the necessary RPMs and install them  with 'rpm
| --install'. It's a very tedious process, considering that besides unsatisfied
| dependencies, some packages have conflicts as well. Is there any way to
| automate this process? Moving to Debian is out of the question, because that
| Redhat user needs to run a certain proprietary program that only supports
| Redhat <= 7.1

Now you see why apt is just so cool!  There really is no other
solution, unless you can make a bot to search rpmfind.net for you.  I
see another poster mentioned 'up2date'.  I tried that a couple times,
but it wasn't very good.

-D

--

Be sure of this:  The wicked will not go unpunished,
but those who are righteous will go free.