Problems installing Debian 3.0 (pre) Woody

Hi everybody,

I think Debian is a great thing because it offers alot of packages (esp.
many, many games).

Unfortunately, I have problems installing Debian 3.0 (pre) Woody:

1) After inserting CD1, booting from it and pressing enter at the boot
prompt, it boots to the display of my drives (hda, hdc, hdd) which have been
correctly detected, but then my screen goes black and after a short time my
monitor switsches to stand-by mode. My system is freezed (hard-reset only)

2) Changed the setting "AC 97 MODEM" in my bios to off. Now it boots to the
message
md driver ...
and freezes.

3) Changed back my settings in the bios "AC 97 MODEM" to on. Same problem as
in 1)

Do you know any solution???

My system:

Elitegroup K7S5A