Downloading huge files with Mozilla?

Is there a way I can download a file with Mozilla in such a way that the download file, while in progress, is saved in my home directory and not in /tmp?

I want to download a 110 MB file via HTTPS off a software vendor's website. They don't make the file available via FTP, or via non-secure HTTP.

Is there a browser available that both has support for SSL and will just download a file into its final location, and not into /tmp?

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford