Re: latex? how to set up a document to print 8.5 x 11 landscape with two collums?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 07:02:11PM -0700, Dave Price wrote:
> hi,
>
> there seem to be some latex gurus here.  can any one tell me how to set

I'm no guru whatsoever, but thinking that 8.5X11inch is letter size
wouldn't the following do what you ask?

   \documentclass[landscape, twocolumn]{book}

> up a latex document that will print on 8.5 x 11 inch paper lanscape
> (sideways) in two collumns, so that i can cut it in half and bind into a
> small notebook?

But I think you're better of using the geometry package, and define the
page size as being 8.5 x 5.5 inch portrait and use psnup and psbook to
sort and orede the actual pages of your booklet and place them on a
letter sized print sheet?

  \documentclass{book}
  \usespackage[papersize={8.5in,5.5in}]{geometry}

try:

   texdoc geometry
   man psnup
   man psbook