From: nate [mailto:debian-user@aphroland.org]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 11:34 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: bind weirdness

<quote who="justin cunningham">

> I looked this up as well but found nothing on it.  Anyone see this
> before in syslog?  If so what did you come up with as the cause?

the first one i recieve often, i figure it is just a broken
nameserver on the other side(have not ever heard any complaints),
the 2nd one, running a quick search came up with:

"The message means that it's sending queries to one address, but the
reply is coming from a different address.  Normally this means that
you sent to a multi-homed server running an old version of BIND, which
doesn't set the source address of a response to the destination of the
corresponding query."
nate