Printing only landscape with HP LaserJet 2200 and lpr-ppd

I have a HP LaserJet 2200d connected to an Alphastation 250 running Debian
woody with a 2.4.14 custom kernel (parport is built-in). Using the normal lpr
command prints text and postscript just fine. What I'd like to do is take
advantage of the options available through the ppd file, including
resolution, tray select, paper type, and especially duplexing. It kind of
works with,

lpr -Plp0 -o Duplex:DuplexNoTumble [filename]

except for the fact that it's printing landscape instead of portrait! It
appears to do this whenever I pass options with the -o flag, even if I don't
specify duplexing. For example, specifying the upper tray as a paper source,

lpr -Plp0 -o InputSlot:Upper [filename]

prints in landscape mode.

Any ideas what the problem might be, or how I might go about forcing it to
print in portrait mode? There's nothing that I know of in the /etc/printcap
file that would cause this, and the default option in the .ppd file is
"DefaultLeadingEdge:Short".

Thanks for the suggestions.

Marty Sanborn

--

| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |