Re: ppp connection doesn't work

On Friday 25 January 2002 11:55 am, Klaus Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> Just switched from SuSE to Debian potato. Can't get my ppp connection to
> work. I'm pretty sure I configured wvdial correctly. It dials, logs in,
> then it says PPP negotiation detected, Starting ppp at <date> <time>.
> Nothing more.

that's all that you should see with wvdial. its part of the connection is
done and ppp is running. the fact that your browsers don't work is a network
issue--your machine can't see where it is or see any other machine.

post your /etc/resolv.conf. maybe that's screwed up.

just because you switched from one linux to another is not a reason to
abandon certain basic configuration files. do you have backups for any of the
config files involved in dialup when you used suse? if not, you should make
it a habit from now on, given that it's a real pain in the ass to have to
manually reconstruct those over and over.