Re: Debian newgroup (related new question)

I recently noticed that I have a news deamon running on my potato. I have
never really used news. It has seemed to me to be an alternative to mailing
lists that I didn't need because mailing lists seemed quite adequate for the
purpose. But with my new email setup (mutt/fetchmail/exim) I am confronted with
a constant stream of warning messages from the news deamon because it was never
properly configured. I wouldn't know how to configure it. Do I need news?

This list, and a few other Debian lists serve me quite well. What would I gain?
Am I really missing something great?

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com