Re: ppp connection

It's possible that the default route isn't being created properly.
What's the output of route after the connection has been brought up?

If a different default route is present, you'll need to remove it and
add one for the dialup connection.  Once you get the IP/Gateway info,
use this:

route add default gw <PPP server IP> ppp0 (or whatever your dialup
interface shows up as)

Hope this helps...