Re: locale not set properly

I have the same problem.  I have tried setting the locales in
/etc/environment and in .bashrc also -- and I still get this annoying
messages.  I suppose it is some bug in the Woody setup.

I have run dpkg-reconfigure locales a few times and also locale-gen
and it does not seem to make any difference.

> In any case, "dpkg-reconfigure locales", as suggested by Tatsuya
> Kinoshita, did fix both of these issues.  Now, I still have those same
> empty values for LC_CTYPE and LC_ALL, but they don't seem to have any
> adverse effect.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Look not every man on his own interests, but every man
      also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you,
      which was also in Christ Jesus"
                                Philippians 2:4,5